Inspired by the beloved original Altair, the new Altair 3 Carbon features a flexplate for easy print removal. The instant-on heated bed, and NOVA all-metal hot end. With the ability to print 8″ diameter and a vertical print capacity of 10″, Altair can handle large projects with ease. Our unique auto-calibration system ensures quality prints. This is durable printer made from the best materials included powder coated aluminum and metal.
Altair 3 Carbon comes with a spool holder, tweezers (for cleaning nozzle), and a part removal tool for removing finished printed objects from the bed when needed.
Altair 3 Carbon Tech Specs
- Automatic Bed Calibration: for optimal adhesion of first layer ensuring reliable prints every time
- PrintSpace 3D NOVA Hot End: All-metal, high-heat hot end prints at high speeds without jamming, max temp 300C
- Nozzle: .40mm standard universal nozzle (can switch out to other nozzle sizes)
- Magnetic Arms: for easy nozzle change out
- Delta Frame: Patent pending CarbonGlide™ technology, carbon fiber rods and arms & powder coated aluminum
- Printer Dimensions: 27.2” by 15″ by 15” (690mm by 380mm x 380mm)
- Weight: 12 lbs (5.4kg)
- Brain: 32 bit controller
- LCD Front Panel Control: allows you to print, calibrate, control print settings, and view print progress
- Front Panel Micro SD Cards: for untethered printing
- USB Connectivity: compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Remote Monitoring & Control Available: view, start, stop, and control a print from a mobile device
- Instant-on Heated Bed: heats up in less than 90 seconds
- Flexplate: By slightly flexing, prints are easily and safely removed from the flexplate
- BuildTak Bed Surface: for optimal adhesion with multiple materials
- Print Volume: 8″ diameter by 10″ high (200mm diameter by 250mm high)
- High Speed Positioning: up to 300mm/s
- Print Tolerance (X, Y): 100 micron (0.1mm)
- Layer Thickness (Z): 50 micron (.05mm) or better (material dependent)
- Supported Filament: 1.75mm
- Supported Materials: Prints a wide range of materials including PLA, “Tough” PLA, Carbon Fiber PLA, and more (Shop for Filament)
- Firmware: Smoothie
- Comes with Simplify3D® Software: Improve your print quality with Simplify3D, the powerful 3D printing software that gives you total control for amazing 3D prints. Altair is also compatible with Mattercontrol, Cura, Astroprint, Octoprint, Repetier & Skeinforge.
- Power Requirements: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
- Standard 110V input (220V available upon request)
Altair 3 Carbon comes standard with a 6 month warranty.