Altair 3 Air is an open air, all metal 3D printer intended for people serious about 3D printing resolution, productivity, and ease of use. This open air model is made out of aluminum, and prints various materials. The flex plate allows easy removal of prints and the ability to quickly change out printing surfaces. Our unique auto-calibration system ensures quality prints.
Altair 3 Air comes with a spool holder, tweezers (for cleaning nozzle), and a part removal tool for removing finished printed objects from the bed.
Altair 3 Air Tech Specs
- Fully Automatic Bed Calibration: for optimal adhesion of first layer ensuring reliable prints every time
- PrintSpace 3D NOVA Hot End: All-metal, high-heat, prints at high speeds without jamming, heats up rapidly, max temp 300C
- Nozzle: .40mm standard universal nozzle (can switch out to other nozzle sizes available in our store)
- Magnetic Arms: for easy hot end or nozzle change out
- Frame: Powder coated aluminum metal frame
- Printer Dimensions: 27.75” by 15.5” by 15.5” (705mm by 393mm by 393mm)
- Weight: 16.8 lbs (7.6kg)
- Instant-on Heated Bed: heats up in less than 90 seconds
- Flexplate: By slightly flexing, prints are easily and safely removed from the flexplate
- BuildTak Bed Surface: for optimal adhesion with multiple materials
- Comes with Simplify3D® Software: Improve your print quality with Simplify3D, the powerful 3D printing software that gives you total control for amazing 3D prints. Altair is also compatible with Mattercontrol, Cura, Astroprint, Octoprint, Repetier & Skeinforge.
- Brain: 32 bit controller
- LCD Front Panel Control: allows you to print, calibrate, control print settings, and view print progress
- Front Panel Micro SD Card: for untethered printing
- USB Connectivity: compatible with Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Print Volume: 8.5” diameter by 10” high (205mm diameter by 254mm high)
- Supported Materials: Over 25+ materials including PLA, ABS, Carbon Fiber ABS, Nylon, Polycarbonate, PVA, HIPS, PETT, TPU, Metallic fill, “Tough”
- PLA, Flexible PLA, Carbon Fiber PLA, woodfill, and more (purchase at www.printspace3d.com/store)
- High Speed Positioning: up to 300mm/s
- Print Tolerance (X, Y): 100 micron (0.1mm)
- Layer Thickness (Z): 40 micron
- Power Requirements: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
- Standard 110V input (220V available upon request)
Altair 3 Air comes standard with a 6 month warranty. An Extended Service Plan is available for those seeking peace of mind.